As part of the development of the Safe-Speed System we have recently launched a tool which allows for easy tracking of encoded licence plates. This means that privacy concerns are overcome but also allows for the tracking of speeding vehicles in more than one region. If a serial speeder is identified the Safe-Speed System can be used to take updates from multiple systems across multiple regions but provide a comprehensive overview of the vehicle’s behaviour. This will provide further evidence from which action can be taken as it can identify an anti-social pattern of speeding across multiple communities and regions.
- The graph above shows a scatter chart displaying the relative speeds over all sightings of the example vehicle
- The pie chart on the left shows percentage of under / overlimit sightings of the same vehicle
- This section also provides links on the bar under the charts for searches of all sightings, speeding sightings and the worst offences
- Finally a list of all sightings ordered by date, speed or site
- Each item in the list is also clickable which takes you directly to that event